The Parador de Corias is located in a spectacular monastery founded in 1032 and occupied by Benedictine monks. In the 12th and 13th centuries, the monastery reached its greatest height, at one point possessing land in most of western Asturias and even the neighboring province of Leon. The Parador is located entirely within the monastery building. The basement contains archaeological remains of the earlier structure and the area has been turned into an exhibition space for our guests' enjoyment. The windows of its comfortable guest rooms offer the best views of the natural surroundings of Asturias. The building has been declared a national historic/artistic monument. The plan is an 8000-square-meter rectangle that includes two courtyards. A cloister surrounds the main courtyard, with six semi-circular arches in each wing. The entire main facade is faced with marble from the town of Rengos. The walls of the spacious Tuscan-style church feature large Doric pilasters. It has a Latin-cross floor plan, with a single nave and two rows of four chapels on each side. Highlights include the large baroque altarpiece, with two bas-reliefs depicting scenes from the founding of the monastery. The building's interior has a marked monastic quality, while also adopting a modern language suited to the comfort of a contemporary structure, especially the large restaurant, cafe and guest lounge. This last room is a particularly pleasant spot to meet and chat. There are also a leisure pool (spa), treatment rooms and a gym. The Parador offers open-plan function rooms for conference tourism, banquets, presentations and other uses, with audiovisual resources. These function rooms can be used in combination with the outdoor terraces and two cloisters. In short, the Parador in Corias Monastery will set the standard for tourism and gastronomy in the region, as both a tourist location and a venue for celebrations and events, underscored by its extremely significant historical value.